Rural Treasures “Social Entrepreneurship - the Heart of Rural Development” Adult Education Strategic Partnership Project Has Been Launched in Tenerife, Spain on 13-14 December 2018.
The project kick-off meeting was organized in the Association Socio-cultural La Bajamar Avanzando. Project management, implementation and dissemination were discussed during the meeting.
The aim of the project cooperation is to promote the development of rural areas through the education of people in business issues, as well as motivating them to develop social entrepreneurship using the cultural, social and environmental resources available in their areas of residence. Project target group: young adults and seniors 55+. There are 9 project partners from Spain, UK, Latvia, Italy, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Romania, Turkey, Greece taking part in the project activities in order to reach the main project aim, realize activities and produce the results. The project partners are adult education centres that are responsible for revealing the wide world of social entrepreneurship opportunities. On the other hand, there are also organizations that are responsible for the development of social entrepreneurship and spreading it all over Europe.
The main project results are
– “The first steps in social entrepreneurship” e-course
– “Social entrepreneurship park” e-platform for social entrepreneurs
– Guidelines for social mentors/supporters
– “Rural treasures- discovering and improvement” research
The benefit of this project will be long lasting because all the results will be found on the internet even after the project will have been finished.
This project will open the people mind, develop the flexibility of thinking and they will start to notice that they can be happy living in their rural area in the same time developing it by running social entrepreneurship, giving jobs to people from vulnerable groups and cooperating in the European level using created e-platform “Social entrepreneurship park”. Let us treasure the place we live in.
The project was coordinated by NGO Ritineitis in collaboration with
• ILA (Netherlands)
• Eurospeak Language Schools Ltd (Britain)
• Asociacion Socio-cultural La Punta Bajamar Avanzando (Spain)
• Glafka s.r.o. (Czech Republic)
• Gebze Halk Eğitimi Merkezi (Turkey)
• Asociatia Centrul European pentru Integrare Socioprofesionala ACTA (Romania)
• Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (Greece)
• Associazione Culturale SmartLab Europe (Italy)