“Using Media as a tool for Gender equality promotion” Training Course was held in Vienna, Austria on 14-21 October 2017.
“Using Media as a tool for Gender equality promotion” Training Course was held in Vienna, Austria on 14-21 October 2017 with 24 participants from Armenia, Austria, Georgia, Ukraine, Poland, and the Netherlands.
The training course aimed to increase the awareness of youth about gender issues and perspectives on European media. Different scales of activities such as simulations, role-plays, group activities, discussions, presentations, field visits let participants to:
- re-explore and develop participants’ knowledge and understanding of various concepts related to gender issues and emphasize the importance of gender equality in Media
- analyze each partner’s country gender issues
- facilitate networking process among participants and promote new common projects related to gender equality
- give space for participants to set new networks related to gender equality
- improve the intercultural, non-formal and informal learning process resulting in a wider impact on the community
- give an opportunity to meet local advocates and other professionals working with this topic and get inspired
- provide participants with tools, needed for project development.
- clarify the challenges of and opportunities for gender equality issues under Erasmus plus