“International Volunteering for Global Goals” Youth Exchange Was Held at Aachen, Germany Between 01-07 July 2019
30 participants from Germany, the Netherlands, Romania, Turkey, and Italy discussed the Sustainable Development Goals and learned about local, national and international volunteering opportunities.
The main objectives were to
* broaden and deepen political and social participation of young people in the implementation of
Sustainable Development Goals on different levels.
* promote volunteering as a way of active participation of young people in democratic and civic life in Europe, in connection with the 2019 European elections.
* raise awareness among young people on European learning mobility opportunities and to encourage them to become active citizens.
* foster quality improvements in youth projects, in particular through enhanced cooperation and mobility between partner organizations in the youth field.
* recognize informal / non-formal learning outcomes by promoting the Youth Pass.
Participants had an insightful presentation by Misereor on their work and heard from a long-term volunteer’s life experiences. During the week they visited a beautiful community garden as an example of volunteering in a local initiative.