21 Sep Step 1: Addictions Youth Exchange Was Held
Stavroskiadi of Ioannina
21-30 of September 2018
“Step 1: Addictions” Youth Exchange was held in In Stavroskiadi of Ioannina, Greece on 21 -30 of September 2018.
30 young people and team leaders from Greece, Tunisia, Italy, Jordan, Algeria and the Netherlands took part in the project. Participants discussed addictions around the world and in their own country, steps of healing, support and stress relieve, mental health, stress, anxiety and depression during the activity.
The main aim of the project was to reduce risks of addictions among young people and to protect young people from harm produced by their own or their close people’s addictions.
Specific objectives of this project were:
- To instill the knowledge in the young peoples’ minds, that addiction is a disorder like any other, and can pose as a threat to a persons’ health;
- To attempt and explore the nature of addictions and the reason of why we are so fond of addictiveness, that we do not seem able to get rid of it;
- To learn about ways and techniques, with which we can prevent the birth of addictive habits in an individuals’ mind;
- To research and apply innovative methods on encountering addictions of every kind.
Project was organised by Youth Center of Epirus (GREECE)
in collaboration with
- International Labour Association (the Netherlands)
- Associazione di Promozione Sociale L’albero del Melogramma (Italy)
- Youth Association for Environment and Culture (Algeria)
- Jordan Youth Innovation Forum (Jordan)
- Make a Difference Path (Tunisia)